Window lock hook of latch

A quick learner says:
Part number 40640 former manufactured by the window factory.
A home owner from Horsham, PA 19044 says:
Number on the hook part of the lock that gets latched is 40640. From a Window Factory manufactured double pane vinyl window from late 1990's. Can't find the locks.
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. We believe you may need product 90-237 keeper. Compare that to what you currently have and let us know if that is a good match for you.
A home owner from Horsham, PA 19044 says:
Thank you the 90-237 keeper fits the keeper portion of the assembly, but now the lock will not attach smoothly. Could you now tell me what new lock part goes with the 90-237 keeper to allow for a smooth latching.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I believe the problem could be with the top sash. Yours could be be a little lower than it should be. One reason why this happens is because the sashes are too tight, so with age the top sash is sagging a little. My first thought is to raise the keeper, but you might not be able to. Could you possible file down the height of the catch "spoon" on the lock?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.