SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window lock Keeper replacement

A home owner from Joliet, IL says:
Hello,

Window hardware has Alcoa stamped on it. To lock, the latch hooks into a plate that is vertically inserted and screwed into window itself. The top part of plate has been broken off. I am unable to find the plate part. I have included the three images. One of the plate intact, 2nd one of broken plate removed from window and the 3rd is the locking mechanism installed.
User submitted photos of a window lock & keeper.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I hope we can find this keeper for you. Before I can start looking, though, can you give me some dimensions? I'd like to know the distance between the screw hole centers on the keeper, as well as its total width and height.
A home owner from Joliet, IL says:
Oops that might help! Plate is approximately 1 1/2" wide x 1 3/4" high x 1/8" thick. Holes are 1" apart from center to center. I have attached more pictures.

Thanks,

Sandy
User submitted photos of a keeper.
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you so much for your patience in this matter. After extensive research, we have found something that may work as a possible replacement. I will post here again as soon as we have it online and available for you to consider. Thank you again!
Profile picture of Tom
Alright, take a look at our new 90-283 and see if this could work for you.
A home owner from Westampton, NJ says:
I ordered and received 15 locks (90-77A) and 15 keepers (90-237). Come to find out when I received them, they do not match. The distance between alignment lugs on the lock is about 1-7/16" and because the keeper is angled at the corners, I thought the keeper would fit right into the lock.

Will the keepers on this page (90-283) fit into the 90-077A locks?
Profile picture of Tom
I'm sorry to hear that our 90-237 didn't work for you. Now, our 90-077A and our 90-283 can work together, though it's a bit of a weird fit. I do not know how well they will operate when installed in your window.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)