Window locking mechanism

A home owner from Duluth, MN says:
I need one of these locking mechanism for a Nuprime double hung window. It's the part that is on the top of the bottom window of the double hung. When you slide the moving part it allows the window to swing down so you can clean the window.
User submitted a photo of a tilt latch.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
This part is what is known as a tilt latch. I would be happy to help you find a replacement, I just need a bit more information. Please tell me the distance between the installation holes, center-to-center. Thanks!
Hi Tom, The screw holes are 2-1/2" apart, on center. The latch is approx. 3-1/2" long and 1-1/4" deep. Thank you!
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you! How about our 26-215? Could this possibly work for you?
Hi Tom, That looks like the part except for the little angular piece on the side. What does that do?
Profile picture of Tom
Are you referring to the tooth? All tilt latches have this. It's what keeps the sash from falling in. Your tilt latches should also have it, though it's possible it has broken off. Try removing them to get a better look.
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.