SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window operator

A quick learner from USA says:
Dear Customer service rep,

I need to buy window operator for my windows, please see attached pictures (taken from my existing windows) and advise the exact item from your stock so that I can buy from you.
Is it a matter if window handle is at left or right or they can be installed for both kind (opening to left or right) ?

Please reply asap so I can decide to buy.
--
Ashwanni
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. This operator resembles our 39-031 and 39-032. Carefully compare them to your own hardware and see if these could work for you.

"Left" and "Right" handed operators are actually defined differently from manufacturer to manufacturer. Some companies define it by what side the operator sits on, others define it by what side the handle sits on, while others may define it by the direction in which the window opens. There really is no industry standard.

The best way for you to determine what operator you need is to compare your hardware to the pictures we have on our site. Does the arm face the same direction? What side are the gears on? What side has the bore?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)