Window parts

A handy person from Harleysville, PA says:
I need the metal piece that slides in the track that connects to the string of the block and tackle balance and also receives the pin at the bottom of the window.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
It sounds like your looking for a Pivot Lock Shoe. Take a few photos of your hardware and upload them so we can take a look.
A handy person from Harleysville, Pa. says:
Yes. That name is exactly what it is/does. How do I get two of them for a Caradco double hung window?
Ivan ....
Profile picture of Mike
Pivot shoes vary from window to window, there is no standard pivot shoe for Caradco windows.

If you can't identify the correct match online, please take a couple photos and upload them for us to take a look.
I need the piviot lock shoe for two Caradco windows. I can give you the size of the units.
The clear viewing area of the glass it 27 x 23 over 27 x 35.
There is some info on the metal between the insulated glass. It says, "Caradco 1332" and it says, "88-1 JTC"
On the block and tackle balance, near the top,it says,"J 36HD".
Does any of that help. If not, I'll go back to the client's house and take the window apart and remove the Piviot lock shoe and take a picture of it and send it to you.
Ivan
Profile picture of Mike
Ivan, we will need to see a photo of the original pivot shoe. Sorry if this an inconvenience to you, but there are many pivot shoes and we will want to make sure you're choosing the correct replacement.
I did a site visit to that photos of the piviot lock shoe. I took a picture of one that is not broken and a picture of the one that is broken.
Now if I can attach them. Two of the pivot lock shoes will fix the windows.
Ivan....
User submitted pivot lock shoe.
Profile picture of Mike
Thanks for submitting your photos, Ivan.

Take a look at the 15-109 Tie Bar Guide, 3/8" thick. Compare the measurements of your original to the 15-109 and see if they're a match.
It's not clear to me what 15-109 is. If you are asking me to compare the size of the two shoes, they are the same. The one is from the block and tackle balance that's not working and the other one is still in the same plastic jamb where the one bloken one came from. There happened to be a piece broken out of the jamb in the track of the upper balance, so I took a picture of it there.
Ivan ....
Profile picture of Mike
Ivan, it appears you will need the Series 750 Channel Balance, which comes with the 15-112 shoe attached. You will have to selection the option for lengths over 33". The stamp option you'll need will be 36HD.
Yes, the piviot lock shoe is 3/8" thick. How do I get hold of two of them? Can you sell them to me?
Ivan
Profile picture of Mike
Ivan, all orders can be placed online here at Swisco.com.

Just go to the 15-109 Tie Bar Guide page and add the item to your cart.
Hey, thanks for your help. I installed the parts this morning and they fit perfectly. Thanks to you.

I have another window project for you to help me find parts. A lady has 1985 Peachtree windows and the balance springs are breaking. Several of the bottom ones are broken and a couple of the top ones.
there is a label between the glass with this info on it.
"Peachtree all-class A, Type A, G2486." They are double hung windows with viewable glass size of 24 5/8" W x 20 1/4" H for both upper and lower sash.
These windows have a metal frame around each pane of glass with a removable wood cover on the inside that makes it look like a wood window sash. The cords seem fine, but the hook is breaking off the springs. Can you direct me to replacements.
Ivan ....
Profile picture of Mike
Submit a few photos and we'll be glad to help.
Reply to Thread
* Mandatory fields
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
15-109 : Tie Bar Guide, 3/8
15-109
Price: $2.95
Tie Bar Guide, 3/8" Thick
15-112 : Channel Balance Shoe
15-112
Price: $1.42
Channel Balance Shoe
How to remove window pivot shoes
Video
How to remove window pivot shoes