SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window parts - sash balance

A home owner from Owings, MD says:
Hello,
I am looking for a replacement sash balance for my Anderson window.
The part number on the current component is 11600-3
This is the left side balance - viewed from the exterior.
thanks,
Charles
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Charles. I'm afraid I cannot identify this balance based on that number. I will need to know what the other numbers printed on the balance is. Keep an eye out for a "#" symbol, that's usually a dead giveaway. It may even be best if you show me a picture of each stamp. Thanks!
The only number I can find looks like
116-5423-587 (the four looks like a European 7, - with a line through it, so it might not be a four)
The aging of the galvanize finish has made the numbers very difficult to read. I'll send a photo if this still isn't enough info.
I do not see a # symbol anywhere.
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks, Charles. I think the key stamp here is the "5423." You mention the "4" is stamped a little differently. Is it smaller than the "5 23?" If so, I think that's the one we want. Our 24-531 can replace Andersen balances stamped with "5 23." If you want to send a picture though, then we'd be able to confirm for sure.
Photo Attached
User submitted photo of their window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Aha! I suspected as much. I'm more confident than before that our 24-531 is the correct match.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)