SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window replacement part

A quick learner from USA says:
The windows in question were mfg and installed in the latter part of 1983. There are no numbers, markings, etc. on any of the parts that I can see except for the name Certainteed stamped on the white plastic window pivot piece.

#3678 show the entire window pivot asm, (both upper and lower sections) with the broken piece on the bottom part of the spring asm.

# 3681 shows a closer view of the broken piece

# 3683 shows the metal piece located on both sides of the bottom sash which fit inside of the round piece that is broken.

#3690 shows the broken round piece removed from the pivot window asm.

thanks in advance for your help.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. The damaged hardware in your pictures is known as the pivot lock shoe. It's tough to make yours out while it's still installed, but I think it may be like our 15-155. Check it out and let me know if this would make a good match. If not, please show us a picture of it out of the window and we can try our best to find something better.
A quick learner from columbus, oh says:
Tom,
Do you have a quick tutorial on HOW to remove the pivot lock shoes from the casing?

I tried briefly but didn't want to do additional damage which would require more repair.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
We sure do. Refer to the videos below, I think they should help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)