SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window roller

A quick learner from Cape Town, South Africa says:
Please see attached photos. The only important dimension is the outer slot dimension which is 7mm (fractionally over a 1/4 inch) (see 02.jpg). I'm thinking that Product Code: 87-168 would do the job. Would you agree?

It slots into the bottom of a sliding aluminium window (2 units per window).

I'm going to need 24 units and I would need them couriered to South Africa. Possible?
User submitted photos of a window roller.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for contacting us! This is a very peculiar roller and I'm not sure if we can replace the whole thing. We may, however, be able to replace the wheel by itself. Would that solve your problem?

If so, please knock out the pin and show us the wheel by itself. Please also tell us the diameter and width of the wheel and the diameter of the pin hole. It also appears that the wheel is flat. Can you confirm?
Hi Paul

Yes, just replacing the wheels would work. The critical dimensions for the wheels are:

wheel diameter: minimum 12mm, maximum 13.6mm (ideal is 13.6mm)

wheel width: maximum 4.15mm

pin diameter minimum 3.5mm, maximum 5mm (ideal is 3,5mm).

pin length: minimum 7mm, maximum 10mm (ideal is 7mm)

The wheel rolls on an aluminium surface (it is in a sliding window). The aluminium surface is wider than the wheel width and is flat - the wheel is also flat.

For longevity I would prefer a hard wearing wheel. I am by the coast so rust is a problem. WOuld you suggest brass or stainless steel? Mild steel is a definite no-no.

I would also like to get some plastic casings with wheels - I can grind down the height and width to fit in the window casing cavity. Can you suggest something?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. We have a nylon wheel with axle, our 87-093, that is very close to your dimensions. Also look at our 87-009 and 87-104 self locking wheels. Do you think one of these would lock in your window well?
Thanks Paul, I'll place an order on the website. You've been a great help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)