SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window sash balance

A home owner from Millsboro, DE says:
One of our windows will no longer remain up. It appears that the internal guide spring has malfunctioned.
Is there a way for me to replace this item? Do I need to contact a local dealer?
Thank you,
Paul & Ginny
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Paul and Ginny. Sounds like a problem with the balance. How you can replace it depends on what kind of balance it is. Please take a few pictures of it for us to look at and identify and we can work on a solution from there!
A home owner from Millsboro, DE 19966 says:
I tried to enter (3) pix of the window sash that is hanging down. I am unable to get the sash affixed to the window. The protrusion on the window will not slide into the sash opening. Do I need to replace the assembly?
Thanks, Paul
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. Take a look at our Series 795 and see if this will work for you.
A home owner from Millsboro, DE says:
Hi Tom, I looked at the configurations and they look compatible. Tomorrow I will measure the existing unit and get precise measurements. I should be able to make this upgrade.
Thanks again, Paul
A home owner from Millsbor, DE says:
Tom, I took a look at the Series 795 and I do not think it will work for our window. Please review the new enclosed pix and see if you can recommend a vendor and/or replacement.
Thanks, Paul
User submitted photos of window balances.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Oh, I see. Looks like you have the Series 795 but with a 15-198 hook on top. We can make that for you, but I'll need some more information. Please tell me the length of the metal channel and the stamp printed on it. Can you also confirm the width of the shoe, ear-to-ear?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)