SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window sash balance options

A handy person from Jacksonville, Florida says:
I believe I have a 24" Series 385 channel balance with the 15-004 and 19-005 attached. My question is about the options.

What option should I choose for a window that is 45 1/2" wide and 24" tall. I believe the options are for the weight of the window.

Having trouble attaching pic's
User submitted photos of window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! You are correct, the options for a channel balance correspond to the weight of the window. Are there any stamps or markings printed on the metal channel itself? If so, let me know what they are, and I can attempt to find you the best option. If there isn't, I will have to know the weight of your sash. You can determine this by removing the sash from the window and placing it on a scale. Any common bathroom scale should do.
A handy person from Jacksonville, Florida says:
The weight of my sash is 27.5 lbs. I wish to order parts. Please advise.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. The 2350 option is for sashes up to 27 lbs. This should work for you. Let me know if you would like to try a stronger balance instead, we can custom make one for you.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)