SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window sash spring system

A handy person from Charlotte, NC says:
I don't see replacement parts for this system. I'm curious if I can eliminate this system and replace with spiral balance system, there is obviously room for it if this spring system fits. Any help is greatly appreciated!
User submitted picture of spiral balance system.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Kevin. We do not recommend replacing your current style balances with a different style.

Unfortunately, I need complete photo of one not broken in order to accurately identify it. However, you might have one of the following series: Series 850, Series 860 or Series 870. Would anything among those Series work for you?
A handy person from Charlotte NC says:
Thanks for the info. It seems I may have had all the balance tops break off. Seems to be the 24.5" length, and it seems to be a Patriot window 1100/1200. I've attached the pics. Can you tell if my measurement is correct at 24.5, it's not tight but I don't think I could be an inch off. I also need a left and right latch and a pivot bar.
A quick learner from Charlotte NC says:
I'd posted a pic earlier but didn't include the balance shoe in my measurement, nor did I have the rod installed, which brings it to 30.5". I didn't have a working unit in the entire home, so this is the best I've got. The spring doesn't stretch to the shoe but I'm guessing that's because it's retracted over the years while it wasn't been connected/broken.
A customer submitted photo of a balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Please take a look at our S850-30 and compare it to your balance. Do you think that would work? It also looks like you have the 1" black shoe.

As for the latches, take a look at our 26-298 and 26-299.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)