SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window sash weep hole

A handy person from Belton, MO says:
I have aluminum windows that have very small rectangular weep holes. None of the windows have weep hole covers so I am assuming they did not come with them. I have a lot of flies coming in getting between the screen and the window through the weep hole and would like to put covers on them. As you can see from the picture, the opening is only 3/8" by 3/16". I have not found any covers that small. Are you aware of any I could use?
User submitted a photo of a weep hole.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we don't have an exact match, but after studying your photo I think I may have found an easy solution for you. Our 26-186 is larger, but that shouldn't be a problem. What makes it workable for you is that you only need to drill two holes for the locking pins to attach to the window. What do you think?
A handy person from Belton, MO says:
That was actually the only option I had come up with. Thanks, I may give that a try!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)