SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window screen clips

A home owner from Raleigh, NC says:
Attached are images showing the clip that holds my window screens in the window frames. It appears that the clips were cut from a longer piece of material but I have not been able to find this type of material. I need to replace several clips that are missing and would like to use the same type of material. The windows were installed in 1997 and this type of material maybe discontinued. Thanks for any info you can provide.
The dims are:
Short side of Z = 5/16", Long side of Z = 1/2", Side of Z with tab = 3/8", Tab depth = 1/4", Overall length is approximately 2 and 3/4" but this appears to be the cut length.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we do not have that screen clip you show in your photos. You would need to contact the manufacturer of the window, if possible. This is something that they had made up exclusively to fit their window. Another alternative would be to try the 70-076C clip with a longer screw like the 70-112 or 33-083. Check the length you need to see if these fasteners would be long enough.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)