SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window screen plunger replacement parts

A handy person from USA says:

I'm trying to find replacement plunger pins for some almost 30 year old screens. The screen framing is 1"x7/16". The old pins are about 1-23/32" long with a 5/32" O.D. x 5/8" long head. The shaft is about 1/8". They look very much like a Swisco 70-008, except longer. Any idea who might make replacements.

Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
The 70-008 and 70-009 pull pins are for a 3/4" wide frame. Window manufactures are using narrower frames these days to cut down on the cost. Take a look at our 70-206 pull pin. Do you think you could retro fit it to your frame?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)