SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window screen side spring retaining pin.

A quick learner from USA says:
I am looking to replace the spring pins shown below.
User submitted a photo of a screen pin.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Check out our 70-009 and 70-008 and see if either of these kits can work for you.
A home owner from St. Paul,mn says:
70-008 look like the spring retaining pins I have on my screens. Due to rust and corrusion (Simonton-windows & screens are 22 yrs old) the pins are difficult to loosen up. I finally sprayed with lubricant and used a needle nose plyers to loosen the pins. How do I remove the existing pins and what type and size can I replace with so I don't have this difficulty when trying to remove the screens again. Thanking you in advance for your answers.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
To remove the old pull pins, you will need to cut the nylon cap off of the metal pin. Once you have, compare your pin to our 70-008 and 70-009 pull pins to determine if either could work. Also, I recommend that for every season you remove the screen to wash the windows, give the pins a spray of silicone to keep them loose.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)