Window screens for Alcoa Vinyl Windows

A home owner from Indianapolis, IN says:
Hi, I am trying to make window screens that would fit snuggly on two to four of these windows. Apparently the previous screens were stolen before I purchased the house. Materials and tips for preventing theft of more screens would be appreciated.

The outside dimensions of the opening are 30 1/2" high (in some places 30 1/4") by 27 1/2" wide (also 27 3/4" in some paces). The upper and lower gap for seating the screen is 3/8" thick. The walls against which the screen can be placed on are roughly 1/2" on left & right, 1/4" at bottom and 3/8" at top. Apparently these are Alcoa brand because "Alcoa" is the lettering on the latches. My best guess is that the windows were purchased as new in 2005.

I am thinking of purchasing kits at Menards but would still need to know decent dimensions / hardware / design that would allow for snugness, ease of removal and theft prevention.

Also, I have two to four American windows to have screens installed on.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
To replace the window screen, you will first need to remove your bottom sash. The design of the screen itself should be simple. It will be a white 3/8" thick box screen with springs (like our 70-030) on top and pulls (like our 70-128) on bottom. When measuring, the width will be the widest you can go without bowing the screen in frame resting against the outside frame. To measure the height, stick a ruler into the inside of the top channel and bring the ruler down to the sill, though don't go into the bottom channel. That way you can slip screen into the top channel, swing it out, and drop it in the bottom channel.
SWISCO Screen Corner Spring [1080p]
SWISCO Screen Corner Spring [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.