SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement Window seal.

A home owner from USA says:
Hi, i wonder if you can identify this seal.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
We may be able to help, I just don't know what you have. I need to see a picture of the weatherstripping removed from the window.

Before you upload your pictures, though, please watch the video below. There is a very specific way we need you to take your pictures in order to ensure that we have all the information we need. The video will clarify.
A quick learner says:
This seems to be the best i can achieve
User submitted photos of weather seal.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
It's hard to tell what you have, but I don't think we have an exact match for your weatherseal. Could you use our 55-169? The shape is a little different, but it may be able to work. What do you think?
A quick learner says:
Hi Dave, the only way i can describe this seal
is,the 1/2" part is a slider for the outer face of the sash and the "leaf seal" wraps round the side of the sash. The 1/4" part is the kerf mount and has a 1/8" stop. Hope this makes sense, Doug
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks, Doug. Do you think our 55-169 could work?
A quick learner says:
Dave,55-169 could work as the "slider" part that contacts the face of the sash as it would mount in the kerf on the front of the jamb. I would then need something like 55-170 to seal the side, but there is no kerf in the side of the jamb. I hope this all makes some sense to you, thanks, Doug
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Sure, Doug, I think I understand. Would it be possible to use the 55-169 on the slider part like you say, and then just paint the exposed part on the window jamb?

The problem is, I think your type of weatherseal is specially made to be used by the manufacturer of the window. The worst case scenario might be that you will have to contact them. Otherwise, the 55-169 is the best solution we have at this time.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)