SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window shoe?

A home owner from Birmingham, AL says:
I need to replace this piece that broke. You can see the top of it where the plastic broke. What piece and part is this? It fits a residential house window that has windows that raise up and also fold to be easily cleaned.
User submitted photo of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Your T-Lock shoe looks very similar to our 15-195. See what you think. If the stamp on the balance channel includes the letters "BSI," then I think the 15-195 should fit. If not, let me know. You may need to order a new Series 795 window balance.
I will check out the parts you recommended. The info on the shoe that broke is "pat 4810108" I did not see the letters BSI.
Well, I spoke too soon. I did find the letters "33CBSI" stamped on the balance channel. So what should I order for a replacement? Does the new channel include the shoe or do I have to order it separately? Should I replace both channels at the same time? Thanks for your guidance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
No, if your old balance has "BSI" in the stamp, then I think the 15-195 is a good place to start. You should be able to pop off your old shoe and pop the 15-195 on.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)