SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window spiral balance replalcement

A home owner from Clearwater, Ks says:
I don't find the exact type of replacement part I need on your screens. I have attached a photo of what I need. Please provide a quote. I will need 4 of these. The plastic tube is about 29" long and the mechanism is 38" unextended and about 57" fully extended.
A customer submitted photo of a spiral balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting! Before I can offer an applicable replacement balance, I just need to know a few bits of information. First, what type of window do you have: tilt, or non tilt? Second, what is the diameter of the tube for this spiral balance? Finally, could you give us the weight of your sash?
This is an Alcoa Tilt Window. The diameter of the tube is 1/2 inch. I don't have a scale in my house, but both windows are 22 inches wide by 57 inches high. Does that help?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately, that is not enough information to go by. Is there any other way to can get the weight of the sash for me?
It weigh about 12 pounds.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. Please take a look at our S600-29 spiral balance with a red tip.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)