SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window spring for the top window

A contractor from Wilmington Delaware says:
I have a double hung window. It missing the whole assembly ? For the top window spring and roller. It's a certainteed window sorry could not find any parts numbers I look at your online catalog and did not see anything that was close, I contacted certainteed and they told me to contact you. I hope you can help me.

Thanks
Andy
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I think we can help. We may not have hardware that looks exactly like yours, but I am confident we can find something that will work regardless.

Before I can make any recommendations, though, I would first like to see a picture of the pivot shoe. The first step in identifying a coil balance system is to figure out what the pivot shoe is. From there, we can make a list of recommendations!

If possible, please remove the pivot shoe from the window before you take your pictures so that we can see it clearly. Please also give us the width and thickness.
A quick learner says:
Sorry I think this process is taking way too long, maybe it's me but I cannot remove the spring the shoe. It's fixed in to give you dimensions and any number off the blade itself I cannot do the old one was already gone out on the window I can give you dimensions of the shoe in the picture of the shoe I need this part ASAP.
A quick learner says:
This is the shoe the only part left in the top window I could get out.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Perfect, thank you. I've seen this before. While it looks a little different, customers have successfully used our 15-155 pivot shoe for this as a replacement in the past. If you think you can use this, I'd also recommend our 15-156 spring cover, 15-157 balance drum and finally our Series 170 and Series 171 coil springs. Keep in mind you can just replace what is broken. No reason you can't re-use undamaged parts.

We also have a handy video on how best to replace this kind of hardware.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)