Window springs

A quick learner from Chattanooga, Tn says:
This is also related to post d77871 this is a picture of the spring and the hardware which the window fits in. These windows are double hung but do not tilt. the spring is attached to the top of the window mount which is plastic. The coil slips over the top and the bottom is attached too the item in omg 0286. This allows the the window to slide up or down with the spring holding tension. what i need to know is if you have the springs like this and how to determine which ones i need as several windows are not staying closed.

Thanks you
User submitted photos of window hardware.
A quick learner from Chattanooga, Tn says:
The friction shoe #15-104 is very similar to what is in my window. one of the parts needed is close to the tilt pin #20-16 but mounts with two screws on the lower side of the window. Have not seen any springs like the ones in my window. Have not idea as to who made the window, the house was built in 2003
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us. I agree, the 15-104 is the best match we have for the shoe, but we will not be able to replace the spring. I recommend contacting a local mill work that still makes wood windows, they should be able to help out.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.