SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window tilt latches

A handy person from Herndon, VA says:
The latches are on 20-year-old windows. I need a left and a right latch. They measure 2" by 3/4". One screw on top at the back end. One screw on the side. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
User submitted photos of a tilt latch.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Sure, I hope I can help! This looks a lot like our 26-157 and 26-158 top tilt latches, in black. I recommend that you confirm that the dimensions match before you make a decision, but I have a suspicion that they'll line up just fine.
A home owner from Corpus Christi, Texas says:
Yes my windows are about 20+ years old. Very good I might add. Wish the Lever could be made from metal but I can see where they couldn't. Have many of the levers broken off due to window frame sweating due to temp changing, but dirt and ect. build up in slide joint so can't open window to replace the tilt latch. Any good way to slide latch back with the lever broken off? I don't want to tear it off because I can't access the other screw. I am ina quandry. Help please.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
That is a tough one. If the lever is broken, ry poking a screwdriver back there to work the latch back. You might be able to catch the broken "nub."
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)