SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window valance for non-tilting window

A home owner from USA says:
I believe we need to 385 but let me tell you the numbers on our balance and I
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure if our Series 385 channel balance can work. You will need to measure your bottom shoe to confirm that it's the same size as the 15-004 that comes with our hardware. As for the option, I would recommend our 2650 based on your stamp of 26 5. You can always weigh your sash to confirm.
A home owner from USA says:
I believe that we said it was 9/16 I sent two pictures it may be a little less than that but here's the measurement from metal to metal mind measures 26 1/2 not 26 and 27 I don't know what measurement right? I believe it's a Milgard window song single hung . Can't wait tell by the number that's on the balance?
Profile picture of Tom
I see you're measuring the width of the metal channel, which is certainly helpful, but to determine if you have the Series 385 you need to measure the shoe and compare it to our measurements. I'm also a little confused by your post. Are you saying that the metal channel by itself measures 26-1/2"? If so, it will have to be custom made. I just want to be sure!

The number printed on the balance is not used for identification. It only tells us how strong your spring is.
A contractor from Redondo Beach CA. says:
Hi here's to more pictures of the link when is the total length from plastic to plastic the other one is from metal to metal I think you suggested using a 2650 385 ? Just want to doublecheck with this photo.
MBC
Morris
Profile picture of Tom
Length is determined only by measuring the metal channel. You do not count the nylon ends. Looking at your picture, that seems to be 27". Can you confirm? If so, I recommend the S385-27 with a 2650 option, yes.
A contractor from Redondo Beach says:
yes its 27 I will order two obviously now I need them quickly.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)