SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window and operator removal

A quick learner from Wisconsin says:
The info on this site helped me figure out how to replace the operator, but I need to remove the whole window to do a good restoration on some early 60's vintage Farley & Loetscher windows. Is there a trick to it or do you just have to carefully remove all the screws in the hinge assemblies? Are replacement hinges available if one needs to be replaced? I would need 14" long.

Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Good Morning,

If you look at the operator and the side hinges, there should be some type of clip, that when disengaged should release the sash from the hinges and operator. If you do not see this clip you can unscrew all of the hardware.

We do carry hinges, take a look at the 36-013-10 2-Bar Hinge Set. If you would like to replace some of the hardware, take a few photos of the hardware and upload the images so we can take a look.
A quick learner from Wisconsin says:
Thank you for your help. Yes, there is a clip at the bottom of each hinge. With a screwdriver, hammer and some tapping, I was able to slide them up to release the window.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)