SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Windows Spring pivot

A handy person from River Edge, NJ says:
Hi I am looking for this parts for my windows and can't see part #. As you can see in the picture it shows "Certain Teed". Windows do not show brand. Between the 2 glasses it shows "Advanced" and "88-2. Thanks for your help.
Mauro
User submitted photos of a pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
This looks a lot like our 15-155. Check it out and see if you agree. As for the spring, how about our Series 170 coil, which goes with the 15-155?
A handy person from River Edge says:
Looks like you ask qustions to me!! What about th e boxes where the coil is ? I need all sets complete for 2 windows. Thanks Mauro
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I think the 15-155 shoe and Series 170 coil are close matches, but without detailed dimensions there's no way for me to confirm. You will have to carefully compare the dimensions and information we list online to your own hardware and use your best judgement.

As for the coil covers, you could check out our 15-156.
Ok, measure match the 15-155. Beside the coil I need the spring cover which it looks like different from the picture. Should I need the drum too. I need to order for 2 windows. Thank you \. MAuro
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
It's hard for me to say if the 15-156 is different from your covers while they're still installed in the window. However, the 15-156 is the cover that goes with the 15-155. They're meant to work together. If the 15-155 is a match for you, then I think the 15-156 is likely to match, as well. As for the drum, you could re-use your old ones if they're in good condition. Look them over and see how worn down they are. If you think they're a little too old, it may not be a bad idea to replace them.

For instructions on installation, check out the video below.
Tom, I found out that there is a double cover with 2 coils per side. see the picture. So should I replace with double or can I install just a single ?
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Personally, I think it's best to stick with the same system that you had installed originally. You never know what reason the installers had for using the hardware they used, but if it's been working up until now then it's a good idea to stick with it.
Thanks. OK I go for double as per original. How can I found out what type coil should I order, does it have some # on it ? Let me know if I am right to order:
For each window (1 panel, lower):
2 15-155
4 15-156
4 15-157
2 33-072
4 Coil ? 170 or 171 ?
Thanks for your help. Mauro
Profile picture of Tom
Your coil spring should have the same number on it, yes. Check along the surface of the spring.

The parts you've picked out look good. Just make sure all the dimensions and styles match. It's important to double check everything just in case. As for whether or not you need the Series 170 or Series 171 coil springs, I can't tell based on these images. You will have to compare the pictures we show online to your own hardware and see which is closer.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)