Wood bifold closet door- 2 panels

A home owner from Wisconsin says:
Hi
Help please. I believe I need pivot bracket 23-309. I do not know which top roller guides I need. I have 2 without wheels. But there seems to be a wood door guide cap? I am not quite sure if I have identified this correctly. What is the purpose of a guide cap? I have sent photoes.
Just to let you know, the door kept coming off and I had to tighten the screw on the pivot bracket all the time. The reason why I asked about the top rollers is that I. Thought I would replace them while the door was down. One thing I am wondering though about the roller guide I have. Is it possible I am missing the wheel on one? Or, is tit he function of the guide cap to not need a wheel ? Please help.
User submitted photos of closet door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. The first photo looks like our 23-309 and the next photo after that seems more like our 23-115 spring loaded pin. The last photo resembles our 23-146. The 23-115 is used for both pieces. You don't need a guide pin with a roller and the screw on the 23-309 might have worn out. See what you think.
Hi

I believe I need 23-309 for sure. Thanks.

I am still confused on what is the function of a wood door guide cap? Please teach me.

Also, my guide pin has a lip indicated in the picture. 23-115 does not. Is this the correct pin? The plastic sheath on the guide pin 23-115 is a bit longer. Will that matter to fit into the existing hole of the door?
Profile picture of Paul
The 23-146 guide cap slides back and forth in the top track with the 23-115 top pivot pin. I don't think the lip is that important for the door's sliding performance. We do have a pin with a lip, our 23-118, but the thickness is 3/8" where the 23-115 is 7/16" thick. Double check the thickness of your pin. The length shouldn't matter since the factory usually drills into the door deeper than required.
Was just wondering about an answer on the last post about unscrewing the track from the door frame in order to replace the pivot bracket? Also, if the 7/16" can be used in lieu of the 3/8" since the 7/16 has a lip on the pin as mine does or I should never interchange the pins due to the different thickness?
Profile picture of Paul
The reason you remove the track to install the pivot bracket is because the bracket screw forces the bracket up against the lip on the track when you tighten it. If you have a 3/8" hole, you should use the same sized pin, but if you really want to then you can drill a larger hole to accept the 7/16" pin.
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.