SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Wood window opertor installation problem

A handy person from South Easton, MA says:
I purchased 39-268 and installed them on our church windows. Attached are 2 photos of how I installed one. When the windows are cranked in, the arm of the crank hits the sash. Can you tell what I did wrong from these pictures?
Do I have the wrong the wrong hardware or is there an obvious installation problem?
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hey, sorry to hear you're having trouble. I just took one of the 39-268 operators from stock and installed it on a wood door here in the office as a test. I noticed that the gap between the operator arm and the sash should be 1/2" when the sash is closed. I can't tell for sure, but looking at your photo you might have the operator too close to the sash. However, it looks like you will have to notch out the "stop" so that you can move the operator further back. I could be wrong, but I cannot think of any other way it could work.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)