SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Wool Pile with only 1/8" base, square

A quick learner from Carbondale, IL says:
Need to replace weatherstripping on 40 plus year sliding glass door. One goes on the bottom of the sliding door. Its base is approximately 1/8 inch and the pile is about 1/4 inch high. However, the base is square not flat like in your pictures. I am including two images. Can you recommend any of your products?
User submitted photos of weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! This wool pile appears to be somewhat similar to our 58-013 and 58-014 Gray Wool Piles, however their heights are both 1/2". Can you double check your own height to make sure?
A quick learner from Carbondale, IL says:
It looks like the 58-014 will fit in the channel.

The total height of original wool pile may have been 3/8" new - hard to tell with something this old and worn. The channel it fits into actually "floats" letting the pile rest directly on the door jam. I don't know if it will go up far enough to accommodate 1/2 inch - but this product is the closest I have seen.

I wonder if it may be possible to trim an eight of an inch say just below the seem seem if it turns out to be too tall?

Anyway, I am strongly considering ordering the 58-014 and 58-045 if there are not any better suggestions.

I sure appreciate all the comments.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)