SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Wool pile for Keller Sliding Door

A home owner from Knoxville, TN says:
I am shopping for new fuzzy strip seals for my 1980 vintage Keller sliding glass doors.
The slot in my door into which the seal backing strip slides measures 0.270 inch wide with my verneir caliper. Your product with Product Code 58-059 is close to what I need but your on line ad says it measures 9/32 (0.2815) width wide which is a little wider than my slot, enough so that it would not fit.

Question: By any chance is 0.270 inch the actual measurement of 58-059 backing?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I actually went back and remeasured the backing of the 58-059 and it is closer to 0.270. Thank you for suggesting that! We will fix it as soon as possible.

Now, the pile height is 1/8" with a 1/4" high fin strip. Is the fin strip's height okay?
A quick learner from Knoxville, TN says:
Thanks for the feedback. Your answer doesn't surprise me at all. 0.270 seems to be a fairly common backing width and I suspected yours was 0.270 rather than 9/32. My Keller windows had a fairly short pile height to start with and it has worn some in over 30 years. I think the only way I will know for sure on the pile height and fin height is buy a sample and try it.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)