SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Wool pile replacement for commercial door

A quick learner from Spring Hill Fl says:
We have double doors where the left door as wool pile on two sides. One of the sides has worn out and we need to replace for health code reasons. I measure the thickness of the wool pile and it is 1/4 inch thick. The track base is 1/8. Do you have a product that will fit that?
User submitted photos of commercial door wool pile.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hey thanks for posting. Could I see a few pictures of the backing of the weatherstrip, or how it slides into the frame? That would help us find a good match for you.
A quick learner from Spring Hill, Fl says:
Here are some more pictures. I removed the piece from the door. When I try to take the weather stripping out it crumbles
User submitted photos of wool pile.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hmmm... it's still hard to say, but how about our 58-013 or 58-014? Do you think either of these could work? Let me know what you think.
A quick learner from Spring Hill, FL says:
To me it looks more like 58-045 but the base isn't that wide. Is there something similar to 58-045 with a smaller width?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The only thing smaller and similar is our 58-158, but it has a higher pile. That may be the closest thing we have.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)