SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Worn weatherstrippu

A contractor from Northern New Jersey says:
i removed this window from a clients house in Summit NJ. I installed it at my house only to find that the weather stripping is completely dried out and brittle. The stripping for the top of the sash is the first photo. We are hold it together. It is a foam bulb and leaf combination. The hinge of the leaf is at the bulb side. I have seen others on line but hinge is away from the bulb. The vertical sides of the casement sash are leaf type. The bottom was not even on. I believe it was removed due to the alarm system. I have been told by reps from Marvin and Kolbe that it is not theirs. I have now wasted 6 hrs of research only to come up empty. I am a 30 yr veteran of the home remodeling industry and thought this would be easy. Shame on me
User submitted photos of window hardware.
User submitted a photo of weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I've seen this combo type weather stripping before. I'm afraid we've never been able to find a good match, however. I'm not sure what to recommend. Start by looking over our 58-170, 58-055, 55-106 and 55-183. These are all types used in casement windows, though they are very different from yours. Could you still get one to work?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)