SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Would like help to purchase the correct non-tilt channel balances

A quick learner from Orangevale, California says:
Dear Sir or Madam:

Photos of the original part I wish to replace are attached. The markings read: 25 4 DV CMC 7

The metal channel is 26-in long with hemmed edges, cross section dimensions are 5/8-in by 5-8 or 9/16-in depending on which side you measure.

I can provide more detailed dimensions or photos, as needed. Just let me know what to provide.

Thank you for your help!

Randy
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, thanks for posting. I've narrowed this down to two possible channel balance Series: either our Series 380 or our Series 385 balances.

Now, as you can see, there is only one difference between these two Series, and that is their bottom shoe. The Series 380 uses the 15-005 while the Series 385 uses the 15-004. I can't quite tell what you have based on your pictures, though. Please carefully compare their dimensions to your own hardware and see which is a better match.
15-004 and 15-005
A quick learner from Orangevale, California says:
Thank you Tom!

My bottom shoe matches the 15-004 dimensions.

Kindly provide me with purchase instructions for 2 of these balances, preferably with top and bottom shoes fully assembled.

The original window is a CertainTeed Insulate Series vinyl window. Are there any other parts that are best replaced along with the balance?

Sincerely,

Randy
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Not a problem, Randy. Since you have the 15-004, then I recommend that you look at our Series 385 channel balance. You can follow that link to choose your length, option, quantity, and finally to order.

CertainTeed uses a lot of different hardware. I wouldn't be able to know what you have based on that information alone. However, for just a few general things, you might want to consider our 16-002 take out clip and, if they show wear on your window, your top sash guides. Very few balances go with a particular top sash guide, though, so you will have to match up what you have to something in our selection. Alternatively, you can take a few pictures of your top sash guide removed from the window and we can see what we can find for you.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)