SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Would your 81-266 wheels & axles fit an 81-027?

A handy person from Sandown, NH says:
Hello:

I have worn out rollers that look very close -- assume exactly the same -- as your 81-027. They are riveted in wheels / peened on one end. Attached are pictures including the inside roller part too. Notice that inner part is stamped "D-719."

Question #1: Do you sell the wheels with the peened over axles for the 81-027?

Question #2: Perhaps you sell just the "D-719" part with the wheel and axle included?

Question #3: Would your 81-266 wheel and axle kit actually allow correct replacement "fit" for the wheel and axles in an 81-027?

I know I would have to drill/grind away my old rivet axle before installing any new axle if I buy the 81-266 kit.

Thanks much,
Ed
User submitted photos of a sliding door roller.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I actually recommend that you simply replace your entire roller. The wheels on this type of roller isn't really meant to be replaced, and should only be done in a pinch. The 81-027 looks like a very close match to what you have, but you should just make sure that all the dimensions match before you commit to anything.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)