SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Wright Sliding Door

A home owner from Neenah, WI says:
The pictures I've sent are from what I believe is a Wright sliding door. The weatherstripping is rectangluar, almost an inch in width and it snaps into a channel. I don't care to remove the worn out weatherstripping as it appears it will fall apart.

I say "I believe" it's a Wright door because it matches the casement windows I in the home which are all the same, it says Wright on the casement hinges inside the windows. I think it's possible this is a Hurd sliding patio door, but I'm not 100% certain of that.

Can you help?
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
It's hard for me to identify what glazing you have without seeing it removed from the door. I don't think it's Wright, though, since they only make widow hardware. It could be our 55-178-8, but like I said, I can't be sure without seeing it removed.

It doesn't appear to be in terrible condition. If it's not broken, I wouldn't replace it.
A quick learner from Neenah, WI says:
I spoke with the folks at Hurd Windows yesterday. The sliding door is most certainly a Hurd sliding door and they have the parts I need.

Thanks for your help.

Gerry
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Great! Let us know if you need anything else.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)