SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Wright storm door

A quick learner from Indiana says:
I have an old storm door with a full glass panel. I think it is a "Wright" door but I can't find anything about the model.
The retainer strip warped and so now only one strip is useable to hold the glass in place. Finding retaining strips is like finding a rare gem in a pile of coal so I'm trying to figure out what I can do to be able to put that glass in place. Any idea on what might work?
I tried some clips that came with a screw to keep them in place but I couldn't get that to work. Hoping to avoid buying a new door since the door and the glass are fine! Thanks, Marc
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
You're absolutely right, Marc. Door manufacturers are constantly changing the shape of their retainer strips and it is impossible to keep up. Since you have one strip, you can cut it in pieces and use it like old fashion doors do and use them as clips.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)