SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Wrong pivot shoe purchased - Too thick

A quick learner from Hamilton says:
Hi Dave,

I think I received the wrong pivot shoe ( 5/8 thick) yesterday. The new part I received is too thick and does not slide in the window frames. I have uploaded the images of my current pivot show so you know the dimensions. I will call you tomorrow to discuss and to place a new order. Thanks
User submitted photos of a pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear our 15-046 didn't work for you. I'm not sure why not, though. The dimensions of your shoe seem to match the 15-046 pretty well. Then again, it's hard to tell just seeing a tape measurer held up to the part. Can you confirm the width and the thickness? Please be as exact as possible. These dimensions can get down to the 1/32".
A quick learner from Hamilton says:

I was sold 15-047 instead if 15-046. I will be returning 15-047 and have purchased 15-046 instead. The new part should work. Thanks for your response.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)