X-Drive Casement Hardware

A home owner from USA says:
Several questions that I hope you can answer, since we have a few dozen, large vinyl windows that seem to use these operators, and a number of them are stripped and/or unusable:

1. The current operators are Roto, labeled OP05-2005U on main arm. They are Pro-Drive (inset socket). Roto says the replacements are OP06-7500/01. But so far as I can tell, your 39-341/39-342 are the same. Can we be certain of this?

2. I assume the X-Drive will work better that the Pro-Drive, which strips out because the handle just doesn't stay tight (actually, it has in some windows after 8 years, but not in others). The X-Drive seems like a much stronger design. Thoughts?

3. These look fairly easy to replace -- but I'll be doing so leaning out 2nd story windows! Is it really as "easy" as removing the old one and installing the new one? Will the connectors fit exactly?

4. Roto sells metals covers for these although I haven't seen that elsewhere. I think ours have covers, although they presumably won't fit the X-Drives. Thoughts?

5. For the X-Drives, we'll obviously need handles, which you sell, although they are made by Truth. Any problems with that? Any reason you don't sell Roto handles?

Thanks very much.
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I think I can help.

1. I agree, our 39-341 and 39-342 look like good matches. The best way to be certain is to compare our dimensions and pictures to yours. Stamps can be outdated or inaccurate sometimes and aren't always reliable.

2. I'm not sure how much stronger the X-Drive is over the Pro-Drive, but 8 years is a pretty standard life span for this kind of operator, to be honest, depending on use.

3. Yep, it's as easy as it seems. Just disconnect the arms from the sash and unscrew its base from the sill. It should slide right through that hole.

4. These covers are built into the operator and are not able to be replaced. You just have to use what comes with them.

5. The 39-341 and 39-142 operators can use our 39-114L or 39-205 handles. The 39-114L is a standard handle while the 39-205 is a folding handle, which seems to be what you have now.
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.