SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Thinner than the 850 Series Crossbow Balance

A handy person from Lewes, DE says:
Have a sinlge hung tilt sash window that broke and tilt lock was not secure. Broke the balancers also.
I have a dead ringer for your 28.5" Series 850 Crossbow Balance and basis your calalog ordered 6 of them.

When received I find that it is different in that the top and bottom plastic pieces are larger than what I have plus the coil spring is 9/16" in diameter compared to mine which is 13/32". Have you got something smaller or know where I can find?
The big problem is that the spring diameter is larger and fills up all room in channel plus the bottom plastic piece that fits the sash pin is too large to rotate into the channel.
Is your 870 series smaller or larger? Can you help me?

Thanks in advance,
Jim
A customer submitted photo of arrow balances.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Hi Jim,
That is an unusual size balance, and it is not a Series 870. We can supply as pictured, I will email you a custom balance ordering form shortly.
A handy person from Lewes DE says:
That is good news. Have two questions.
1) Remeasured spring diameter and it is closer to 11/32" than as I showed in last email ( which was 13/32" ).

2) Area I am concerned with the bottom plastic piece( shoe ). As mentioned your Series 850 was too robust to fit into the jamliner. Will you be able to make that thinner too? Would some dimensions help? My liner is 13/32" deep x 1" wide with a 18/32" opening. Picture "0155" shows the broken bottom shoe piece together for you and pictures "0157" and "0158" show the balance in the liner( because the shoe piece is broken the spring is in relaxed state, the bottom shoe piece is visible in 0157 ).
Thanks
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Yes, both the block & tackle system and the shoe are smaller.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)