Your part equivalent to CR Laurence

A home owner from Colorado says:
I need a 27" Channel Sash Balance with parts that are the same as CR Laurence #FA2640 and FS291B kit. I've found your 15-004 boot that has the same dimensions but has wings and I don't know enough to know if the wings would cause an issue. Not sure that I need the heavy duty one I don't think our windows are that heavy, that's just what we ordered last. These sashes seem to constantly break.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Wings help stabilize the balance in the jamb track, should the jamb track be too wide. If your old shoe does not have wings, how about our 15-001, instead? If you want, you can take pictures of your hardware and we can work from there.
A quick learner says:
I took one to a local window company and they ordered without wings but we just pulled one of the originals and they do have the wings. Thank you, perhaps that's why we've had non-stop trouble with them. I'll order with wings.
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.