additional lock for sliding glass door with door on outside track, Pella.

A home owner from Puyallup, WA says:
Just purchased a house and noted that the sliding glass door was on the outside track. Have been told that Pella doors are made this way. Would like to install and additional lock . Where and how do you do this.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I recommend you install something like our 80-027 or 80-029. Check them out and see what you think.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Personally, I like to use the 80-006 Patio door Security bar. It has a special metal "L" bracket that you would use when installing it on an exterior sliding door.
A home owner from Florida says:
This might work for me. I have 3 sliding doors that are 9 feet tall. And 12 feet wide. The two outside doors have regular locks, handles.the middle is just a glass door. All 3 move. I don't think it's secure at all. I replaces the handles/locks and I can see how ridiculously insecure they are.

I am unwilling to drill into any of the sliding doors. Disaster awaits. Does this require drilling a hole in the glass slider? I think it does. What do do?

Any suggestions?.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hello there. See the guide below that details how to install the 80-006. Let me know if you have further questions. 

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
How to install the 80-006 sliding glass door security bar
How to install the 80-006 sliding glass door security bar
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.