SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

alcoa window repairs

A home owner from Yardley PA says:
Windows are Alcoa,white,installed by builder approx 1997. Document attached. below are repairs we need to make on these windows.

- Computer room left window-inner slider,left and right to be replaced.

- Living Room ,right winder-bad lock to be replaced.

- Dinning Room window(right) bad lock right side. Dinning Room window (left) bad sash bottom.

The weather stripping is missing on two windows, those two are living room/dinning room .
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Good morning, thanks for posting! Okay, let me help you: the top tilt latches for the Alcoa vinyl windows look like our 26-243 and 26-244. The vinyl glazing I believe is similar to our 55-178, though I can't confirm based on these pictures. Finally, for the weather stripping, I recommend that you consider our 58-127(3/16" X 1/4"). Carefully compare all of this hardware to your own and see how well they match. If they differ in any way, let me know exactly how and I'll try to find you better matches.

I'm afraid we can't help you with the fogged glass. If you call you nearest glass shop, they can replace the glass for you.
A home owner from Pewaukee, WI says:
Do you also carry the balances for the single hung units from 1997?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
We may have replacement balances, but I don't know what this particular window used. There are many possibilities. I recommend that you browse through our selection of window balances to see if anything matches. If not, we will need pictures in order to find the right replacement.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)