alenco window channel balance

A quick learner from panama city, FL says:
I need to replace an alenco 24 inch x 3/8inch window channel balance number 2330 stamped on old alenco balance.

Believe the S800-24 series 800 would be okay - not sure of the the weight A or B or C
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure either, honestly. Are you sure you have the Series 800 balance? They usually have letters associated with their stamps. Please double check the measurement of your metal channel to be sure it's not 1/2" square.

If you are positive that you have the S800-24, then I recommend weighing your sash on a scale and referring to the chart we show on its store page.
I think you're right; it is 1/2 inch square. The sash weighs 26 lbs. I think the 23C would be needed to support the weight of the wide window.

Alenco window with small symbol and 2330 stamped on channel balance. 24 inches long(metal only). With nylon pieces consistent with the model S800.

Thanks
Profile picture of Tom
There are a lot of nylon pieces that resemble those that come with the Series 800 balance, but they're all slightly different. Check out our non-tilt window 1/2" wide channel balances and you can see what I mean. If you are unable to identify a match there, please take a few pictures of the top and bottom nylon attachment and we can recommend a match.
Tom,

Okay I'm not a quick lerner. Was my spelling the give-away? No further help needed - I placed an order.

Couldn't have done it without you. Thanks so much. I just ordered the pair of channel balances below:

Profile picture of Tom
Awesome, glad to hear it. If you have any follow up questions I'd be happy to help.
Tom,
I installed channel balance pair. Everything was fine . The new pair was exactly same as what was in the window.

Any suggestions on what I might do to get the window to stay up. Another window actually snaps into an upper position unlike the one I worked on. I wonder if the balance pair that I replaced had been incorrect for the window? Any ideas?

Thanks, Gary
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
The issue may be the weight of the sash. We have a chart on the S395-24 store page that shows how much weight each option can support. I would cross-reference your sash weight with that chart to be sure that 2330 was the correct choice.
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.