SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

aluminum double hung window tracks with springs instead of sash weights, etc.

A quick learner from Bristol, PA says:
some of the window tracks in the home have been changed to plastic.
do not know where to look for identifying marks.
the springs have come loose from the tops of each side of the double hung window.
please help!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure what it is you're looking for, exactly. Do you need new balance springs? If so, could you show us a couple pictures of the hardware in question? That will help us determine the best match.
A quick learner from Bristol, PA says:
Tom, thank you for getting back to me.
a client of mine has double hung windows.
some of the windows have metal tracks the windows slide in, some have plastic. the windows with the metal tracks do not stay put. i would like to upgrade the tracks to the plastic. do you folks stock the plastic tracks? what measurements do you folks need so i can fix these windows?
thanks Scott
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure what you mean when you say "track." That term could be used to describe multiple parts of a window. Is it the balance, or the jamb in which the balance installs? We carry many different balances, but I'm afraid we are not able to replace jamb liners. Seeing pictures of what you need to replace would be a huge help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)