SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

andersen glazing bead

A professional from Greers Ferry, Arkansas says:
Andersen casement window needs white glazing bead.
markings found:
CIG-13-92
PSC 625 C5AS 3874050
06/16/92 02:22 1133808 3825

glass is 5/8" OA thickness
visible glass is approx 24x55
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello! We're having trouble finding this. Could you show us a picture of this glazing from a profile angle? That will help us find a good match. I would also like your dimensions.
We didn't take a photo. This is a customer's house and I'm trying to avoid another trip out. Isn't the glazing bead for 5/8" glass in that time frame all the same? Could you show me the possible choices and perhaps my tech could choose?
Profile picture of Paul
It's hard to say. The detail that makes me hesitate is the fact that you have a picture window. I'm not sure if we carry that particular glazing, but seeing it would help me confirm. In the meantime, you can see our entire selection here.
Could you narrow the selection down to parts that are for Andersen windows with 5/8" glass.
Profile picture of Paul
We absolutely could, but I will need to see a picture of your part, like we requested before. That would be a huge help.
Got a photo.
User submitted a photo of a glazing bead.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Perfect, thank you! It appears that you have an older style glazing bead used by Andersen. They came out with a newer style glazing bead for 5/8" thick glass that they suggest as a replacement. Check out the 55-301 and see if you agree.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)