andersen operator set

A handy person from eagan,mn says:
I'm looking for a replacement for Andersen Operator Set - Short Arm, Amerock / Roto - Lock, 1959 - 1981
Part Number: 0333808, will the 39-389 work??
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
The 39-389 operator has long arms, but you said you needed short arms. Could the 39-390 be better for you?

I know some customers have used these newer style operators to replace their old discontinued Andersen hardware without and problem, but some reported having issues. Specifically, we heard from some customers that the window sash wouldn't close all the way. My thought is that the operator may need to be installed at a certain distance from the window sash. To be honest, I can't be sure as I've never done it myself, but it may be worth keeping in mind. Try it normally first to see if it works fine.
How to replace an Awning window operator
How to replace an Awning window operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.