SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Patio door handle

A home owner from Illinois says:
Attached are 2 pictures of the patio door handle and wall hardware of what I have currently. The door and handles are probably 30 years old. Both are metal, alum I think.

Could you please let me know what replacement product of yours to buy and who would be a local distributor.(I live in Lake Forest, IL.)

User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good morning! I'd be happy to help you find a replacement for this handle, but just need a bit more information. To start, can you tell me the distance between the screw holes, center-to-center? That will put us on the right track as we search for a replacement. Thanks!
A quick learner from Lake Forest,IL says:
The distance between the screw holes, center to center on the handle is 6".
The distance between the 2 screws on the side of the door is 3.5", center to center.
Thanks
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter. Unfortunately, after extensive research, we have been unable to find a replacement for this handle. The only thing I can recommend is that you try to adapt a surface mounted handle like our 82-005, though I cannot guarantee that it will work. You may also need either our 89-012 or 89-025 keeper.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)