SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

awning vent vue window

A professional from West Palm Beach, Florida says:
I am looking for a replacement part for an awning window in a house. It is a vent vue window and the operator is no longer working. Do you sell operators that may work with this window? When I get home from work I will send a picture of the operator.

thanks for your help,

Ivan
User submitted picture of awning window crank hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Ivan. Have you seen our 39-229 Air Vue Operator? That seems to be the closest match we have compared to your own hardware. Do you think this would work for you?
A professional from West Palm Beach, Florida says:
I think it will work, my only question is does the rod come with it or do I reuse the one seen in the picture above?

thanks,

Ivan
Profile picture of Paul
Unfortunately, this operator does not come with the rod. You will have to reuse your original.
A professional from West Palm says:
Thanks, do you know the size of the rod for this operator? I want to make sure it works with the original.
Profile picture of Paul
The interior hexagonal hole of the operator is 7/16" wide.
A quick learner from West Palm says:
Thanks,the one I have looks a bigger, but I will double check when I get home.
A landlord from St Petersburg Florida says:
I'm hoping that this same crank of which I just ordered fits. It looks exactly the same so I'll give it a shot when I get home tomorrow. You have a wonderful web site with lots of information. I will definitely use your services in the future.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)