SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

custom awning window

A contractor from Kerrville, Texas 78028 says:
I will be building two wood-frame awning windows, as shown in the accompanying picture. Overall sash dimensions are approximately 22"
User submitted a diagram of a window.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm sorry, it looks like your question was cut off. How can we help with your project?
A contractor from Kerrville, Texas 78028 says:
I will be building the two awing windows shown in the drawing, and need some hardware; what do you suggest? The awnings will be out of white oak, and I will be building to accomodate whatever hardware you recommend. Awning sash sizes will be approximately 22.5" wide x 16" tall.
Thanks,
Rick
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hmmm... I'm not sure how much we can help. We typically sell to the aftermarket trade, so our parts are meant to replace very specific previously existing hardware. For new applications you will need to notch or mortise your sash and frame to accept the hardware you will be installing.

For a hinge, I would recommend our 36-013-10. This is a very popular part and has been used in many varieties of casement window. On the operators (depending on the width of the sash), we carry the 39-037 or 39-069. Crank out operators use either the 39-083 or 39-140 along with handle 39-205. For the sash bracket, see our 39-170.

Again, I cannot guarantee that these will work for you, but they are the first things that came to mind.
A contractor from texas says:
ok, good information; let me do a bit more research.
Thanks for your help!
Rick

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)