awning window operator woes

A quick learner from Chicago area says:
Attached is a picture of the existing awning window pivot shoe operator in one of my windows (Hurd 36"x 17 window). Also attached is a pic of the damaged part that is preventing the window from opening and closing. As you can see from the third photo, the existing operator is quite similar to your 22 series pivot shoe operator, however it is not mounted on the window frame. Rather, it is screwed into the exterior sill.

My first question, of course, is whether it's possible to replace the damaged piece only. And, because I'm a realistic adult, I figure the answer is no. :) So, judging from the pictures of the existing operator, do you see any reason why your 22 series operator could not be used in this window? The cut-out in the existing frame is 4.75 inches (it would need to be enlarged, I think), and if I'm reading the diagram correctly, there should be no problem using the operator in this window as long as I buy 2 tracks; the existing track is 17.5".

Your thoughts, please? Thanks in advance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we didn't receive your pictures. Could you try uploading them again? That would be a huge help, thank you!
A quick learner from IL says:
photos attached (I hope!)
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks! Take a look at our 39-348 operator. I believe this could be the one you are looking for.
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.