awning window part

A contractor from bonita springs florida says:
We are having trouble locating this part can you help?
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Take a look at our 39-538 Nylon Cam Lock Pair and our 39-537 Lock Assembly Pair. Could these be what you're looking for?
A home owner from Sarasota says:
Hi , I'm looking for a part from my crank out window. The attached pictures show the plastic part. It was riveted to a short aluminum strut.

The part is a glide that slides in the window casing.

Thanks for all your help,
Norm
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Good afternoon, Norm. Thanks for posting. This hardware looks somewhat similar to our 39-538. Could these be what you're looking for? Compare it to your own hardware and see what you think. If not, could I see a few pictures of this plastic piece installed? That would help give us a better idea of what we're working with.
A home owner from Sarasota says:
Hi Dave,

39.538 looks very close. What is the distance between two mounting holes. The one I have is 1.5 inches . I'll include a picture of the complete assembly.
Again thanks for all your help,
Norm
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for the additional images! I recognize this part now. I've actually placed your inquiries into an older discussion where another customer was looking for the same part. Unfortunately, we were never able to find an exact match for this customer's hardware. The closest replacements that we could come up with are our 39-538 and 39-537.
A handy person from Port Charlotte, FL says:
I would like to add that I have the same window hardware posted in the images above and I ordered the 39-538 to see if they would work. They are not a direct replacement but they can be made to work with some modifications. The straight vertical rivet slot needs to be lengthened to be closer to the curved slot, and the outer part of the "hook" needs to be reduced in width by about 3/32" to clear the lock pin on the window. The mounting holes in the window frame will need to be re-drilled a bit lower and to the outside. I found the proper location by putting the reassembled arm back on the sash and closing the window, noting where the nylon part ended up in the frame. Window cranks out properly and locks just fine.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.